RESEARCH BULLETIN (2022)
FAMSA COVID-19 Technical Working Group (CTWG)
“`RESEARCH BULLETIN“` (2022)
Volume 1, 2022
Download Preferred Language Version here
_English:_ [ CFTWG-BULLETIN 10 ]
Arabic:_ [ CFTWG-BULLETIN-10 ]
French:_ [CFTWG-BULLETIN 10]
Featuring: ● COVID-19 and Mental Health
●Effectiveness of the Vaccine after COVID-19 Infection
● COVID-19 Vaccine Reception in Africa
● Community SARS-COV-2 Seroprevalence Before and After the Second Wave of Infections in Harare, Zimbabwe
● Vaccine Equity: A Fundamental Imperative in the Fight Against COVID-19
● Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT): Scaling Up Rapid Antigen Self-Testing
● Nervous System Consequences of COVID-19
● The COVID Heart – One Year after SARS-COV-2, Patients have an Array of Cardiovascular Risks
WEEKLY BULLETIN (2020)
- Sixth issue in English, French and Arabic
- Fifth issue in English, French and Arabic
- Fourth issue in English, French and Arabic
- Third issue in English, French and Arabic
- Second issue in English, French and Arabic
- First issue in English, French and Arabic
Following the COVID-19 pandemic that has overburdened health systems and governments across the world, FAMSA formed a technical working group to develop a well-coordinated continent-wide response. The group is composed of medical students from over 15 African coutries with balanced gender representation. The technical working group on COVID-19 is separate from the executive council for the following reasons:
- To increase inclusion and participation of FAMSA members in execution of projects.
- COVID-19 is a pandemic of great magnitude that calls for immediate action with a team that is dedicated to specifically research and respond to COVID-19.
Objective of the group
To be a group of medical students that is at the forefront in the response against COVID-19 across Africa.
Roles of the group
- Share facts about COVID-19 to dispel myths and misconceptions about the pandemic.
- Carry out online campaigns on COVID-19.
- Keep abreast with the latest research and provide sound technical advice
- Lead medical students from across the continent in carrying out research on COVID-19 by developing standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Share information on how medical students from across the continent are contributing towards the response to COVID-19.
- Acknowledge the efforts of various workforces from across the continent in the fight against COVID-19.
- Highlight challenges faced by African countries and potentially provide innovative solutions
- Work with FAMSA executive council to involve medical students from across Africa in the fight against covid-19.
FAMSA part of Africa Youth Front on Corona Virus.
On Wednesday 06 May 2020,the African Union Youth Envoy, Ms Aya Chebbi with support of Africa Union and Africa CDC launched the African Youth Front on Corona virus that will engage youth to contribute to Africa’s response against the pandemic. The front will involve youth in decision-making with a seat at the table to contribute youth-led solutions and co-lead Africa’s fight against COVID-19.
FAMSA is one of the organisations that were invited to be part of this front.
FAMSA will be represented by the president- Emma Nalianya and project coordinator of the FAMSA COVID-19 Technical Working Group-Muganzi David Jolly.
Collaboration with the front is part of the work FAMSA is doing to implement an continent wide response to COVID-19 in addition to the works of the FAMSA Technical Working Group in the field of research, public health campaign and creative hub.
Follow the link to read more about the youth front
Click here to view the reports of the consultation series with the African Youth Front chaired by Emma Nalianya
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, FAMSA has had a variety of webinars and tweetchats with experienced facilitators to create enlightment on different topics regarding the pandemic. Click here to view some of them.
FAMSA seeks to recognize individuals or groups of people all over Africa who are making a significant impact in mitigating the COVID-19 pandemic in their communities. We seek to honor those heroes who are not famous or popular and need their innovations and ideas to be seen by the world.
You can nominate yourself or someone you know as long as it’s an original idea. All you need to do is click on the link below and fill the form.
To see the these heroes and their innovations, click here
FAMSA COVID-19 CREATIVE PAGE
Are you a talented Creative?
Would you love to display your craft to the world while educating the public about the COVID-19 Pandemic?
The “`Creative Hub Team“`
FAMSA COVID-19 Technical Working Group is calling for creative works which include:
• Short stories • Poems • Write-ups • Paintings • Drawings • Other artworks
Kindly send in works related to the theme as displayed in the poster.
We are looking forward to seeing your beautiful works.
PS: Please send in your submissions via email@example.com
FAMSA CTWG … _flattening the curve of COVID-19 in Africa_