Following the COVID-19 pandemic that has overburdened health systems and governments across the world, FAMSA formed a technical working group to develop a well-coordinated continent-wide response. The group is composed of medical students from over 15 African coutries with balanced gender representation. The technical working group on COVID-19 is separate from the executive council for the following reasons:
- To increase inclusion and participation of FAMSA members in execution of projects.
- COVID-19 is a pandemic of great magnitude that calls for immediate action with a team that is dedicated to specifically research and respond to COVID-19.
Objective of the group
To be a group of medical students that is at the forefront in the response against COVID-19 across Africa.
- Roles of the group
- Share facts about COVID-19 to dispel myths and misconceptions about the pandemic.
- Carry out online campaigns on COVID-19.
- Keep abreast with the latest research and provide sound technical advice
- Lead medical students from across the continent in carrying out research on COVID-19 by developing standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Share information on how medical students from across the continent are contributing towards the response to COVID-19.
- Acknowledge the efforts of various workforces from across the continent in the fight against COVID-19.
- Highlight challenges faced by African countries and potentially provide innovative solutions
- Work with FAMSA executive council to involve medical students from across Africa in the fight against covid-19.
COVID-19 MYTH BUSTER