Chairperson: Innocent Oduki
MSA: Jomo Kenyatta University Medical Students’ Association (JKUSMA)
Year of Study: 3rd year
Oduki Innocent is a Kenyan Medical student at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) He is currently in his third year of studies undertaking a course leading to Degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB). He a creative student, a problem solver and renowned leader who brings positive change in whatever field he works. Oduki served as the head of registration department in the Organizing Committee for the 33rd FAMSA General Assembly and scientific conference. He is well known for fighting for human rights as it has been elicited during his tenure as a Local Officer (L.O) for Medical student Association of Kenya (MSAKE) Under the Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace (SCORP). Currently, Oduki Innocent is also the Representative for JKUAT School of Medicine in the university congress. As the SCOPE CHAIR Elect, he has rolled out a campaign named ‘AFRICA WITH NO ACADEMIC BOUNDARIES” in which he states “Professional Exchange is the best way of creating Africa with no medical boundaries. This is only achievable through international correspondence & journals, international clerkships & electives and FAMSA educative schools”
The chairman of SCOPE shall:
- be responsible for co-ordination and guiding the work of the committee in the field of Professional exchange, which shall include:
- Consolidating arrangements in his/her medical school through the authorities for hosting the FAMSA Health Educative School.
- drawing up detailed programme for the health educative school covering elective Postings and Activities, Information Exchange Conference and study tours.
- Draw up a detailed budget for accommodation and feeding of delegates to the Health Educative School.
- Ensure proper understanding by the government of its country or states or school authority of the necessity of this project in order to generate financial support for the Health Educative School.
- Present the above planning and budgeting for approval by the Executive Council through the Secretary-General at the second Executive Council meeting.
- Forward a comprehensive report on the Health Educative School to SCOPUB, not more than four weeks after the Health Education School for publication.
- Present a comprehensive report of the running and cost of the Health Educative School to the Executive Council/General Assembly.
- Explore sources of information and knowledge to develop improved professional exchange activity, regulations and guidelines as well as policy guidance for recommendation to the Executive Council/General Assembly.
CALL FOR 2020 OFFICIALS FOR THE FAMSA STANDING COMMITTEE ON PROFESSIONAL EXCHANGE (SCOPE)
- National officers
- Publicity secretary
- Program and design managers (5)
- Monitoring and evaluation officers(5)
- Local officers
The committee officials will be selected upon fulfilling the following minimal requirements:
(a) Must be competent and willing to work.
(b) Must be a medical student in any university in Africa.
(c) Must be fluent in English or French.
(d) Must be remaining with at least 12 months in school before graduation.
(e) Must submit their CV to the provided channel.
The Roles of each Position
- be in charge of all FAMSA-SCOPE activities in their Countries.
- coordinate the activities of all the Local officers in their countries
- Prepare quarterly reports of SCOPE activities and send them to SCOPE chair
- Be responsible for monthly publications on Professional Exchanges.
- Organize monthly online lectures in coordination with scope chair.
Shall be responsible for:
- Running the scope social media accounts.
- Reaching out to all medical schools in Africa and Nongovernmental organizations.
- Maintaining a good image of FAMSA-SCOPE to the world.
- Publicising all the activities of SCOPE.
PROGRAM AND DESIGN MANAGERS
- Plan for activity guides.
- Design scope posters in coordination with SCOPUB.
- serve as SCOPE local organizing Committee members.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS
- Keep each SCOPE official in check to ensure proper progress.
- Evaluate the progress of each committee officials
- be in charge of all SCOPE activities in their universities.
- organize rallies, online campaigns, etc. with their Local team as directed by the scope chair.
Application to be made using this link
Applications to be made before 15th April 2020 11.59pm
SCOPE Director .