The chairman of SCOPE shall:
- be responsible for co-ordination and guiding the work of the committee in the field of Professional exchange, which shall include:
- Consolidating arrangements in his/her medical school through the authorities for hosting the FAMSA Health Educative School.
- drawing up detailed programme for the health educative school covering elective Postings and Activities, Information Exchange Conference and study tours.
- Draw up a detailed budget for accommodation and feeding of delegates to the Health Educative School.
- Ensure proper understanding by the government of its country or states or school authority of the necessity of this project in order to generate financial support for the Health Educative School.
- Present the above planning and budgeting for approval by the Executive Council through the Secretary-General at the second Executive Council meeting.
- Forward a comprehensive report on the Health Educative School to SCOPUB, not more than four weeks after the Health Education School for publication.
- Present a comprehensive report of the running and cost of the Health Educative School to the Executive Council/General Assembly.
- Explore sources of information and knowledge to develop improved professional exchange activity, regulations and guidelines as well as policy guidance for recommendation to the Executive Council/General Assembly.
CALL FOR 2021 OFFICIALS FOR THE FAMSA STANDING COMMITTEE ON PROFESSIONAL EXCHANGE (SCOPE)
- Regional Coordinators (5)
- Local Officers
- Publicity Secretary
- Program and Design Managers (5)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officers(5)
- Finance Officers
The committee officials will be selected upon fulfilling the following minimal requirements: (a) Must be a medical student in any university in Africa. (b) Must be competent and willing to work. (c) Must be fluent in English or French. (d) Must submit their CV to the provided channel.
- Coordinate FAMSA-SCOPE activities within their regions
- In conjunction with the Chair and National Officers, organise the FAMSEP exchange
- Coordinate the Health Educative School in their regions
- Explore sources of information and knowledge to develop improved professional exchange activity in their region
- Prepare quarterly reports of SCOPE activities
- Be responsible for monthly publications on Professional Exchanges
LOCAL OFFICERS Task Description:
- Coordinate and promote all SCOPE activities in their universities
- Organise rallies, online campaigns and projects for their MSA that will be impactful for SCOPE
- Mobilise members from their MSAs for SCOPE activities.
PUBLICITY SECRETARY Task Description:
- Manage the SCOPE social media accounts.
- Liaise with all medical schools in Africa and non-governmental organizations regarding FAMSA-SCOPE activities.
- Publicise all the activities of SCOPE via campus radio and television
- With the Program and Design Managers, create poster and video content to promote FAMSA-SCOPE activities.
PROGRAM AND DESIGN MANAGER
- In conjunction with Local Officers, plan for guides for SCOPE activities
- Design SCOPE posters and videos in coordination with SCOPUB.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS Task Description:
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of SCOPE activities
- Provide updates on project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- With collaborating partners, review existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Evaluate the progress of each committee official
- Coordinate overall financial operations of FAMSA-SCOPE
- Assist in preparation of SCOPE budget
Application to be made using this link
Applications to be made before 21st January, 2022 23:59 hrs WAT