Chairperson – Cinamon Nyagaka
MSA: Association of Kenyatta University Medicine Students Year of study: 5th year Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
My idea of a perfect day is coffee on one hand and a book on the other as Chimamanda transports me to a world where bold heroes have endearing flaws, women are stronger than they look, and chivalry is alive and well.
I believe in social change and brightening the corner where you are. One of my favorite quotes is by Thomas Sankara. “You cannot carry out fundamental change without a certain amount of madness. In this case, it comes from nonconformity, the courage to turn your back on the old formulas, the courage to invent the future.”I am a believer that the world is but a canvas to my imagination, and I intend to embellish and layer it with much color as I deem fit.
The chairman of scopa shall be responsible for coordinating and guiding the work of the Committee in the field of Population Activities which shall include:-
- Furnishing the member association with the current FAMSA regulations and guidelines for Population Activities.
- Inviting and receiving notification, names of MSA officers, for Population Activities from member Associations whose students may be willing to abide by the regulations and guidelines and who would undertake full participation in this area in their localities. Such notifications should reach the SCOPA not later than six (6) weeks after General Assembly.
- Consolidation arrangement with the medical school authorities for co-operation and supervision of the Population Activities of the respect member Associations.
- Drawing up a list of names of MSA officers of participating member associations.
- Forwarding such a list to SCOPE for Health Educative School arrangements not later than eight (8) weeks after the General Assembly.
- Maintaining close liaison with other bodies conducting investigations of working in the field of Population Activities.
- Distributing information and advice by sending periodic circular letters to all MSA officers for Population Activities which shall include:- List of new literature on Population Activities, summaries of reports received from various MSA officers- by Chairman SCOPA, Details of future conference dealing with Population Activities .
- Compiling a report of its activities in Population Activities, as well as its evaluation of its success, for presentation to the Executive Council and General Assembly.
- Exploring avenues to study its conduct and co-ordination of Population Activities and thus aim at making recommendations for improvement concerning FAMSA regulations for Population Activities.
- Distribute information and advice to MSA SCOPA officers by sending periodic circulars which include; list of new literature on Population Activities, Summary of activity reports from various MSA officers,details of future conference in population activities.