Chairperson: Ahaneku Chinazaekpere Chisom
MSA AND COUNTRY: Nnamdi Azikiwe University Medical Students’ Association, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria
YEAR OF STUDY: 4th year (400 level)
E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFILE: My name is Chinazaekpere Chisom Ahaneku. I was born on 22nd July, 1999 at Nnewi in Anambra State, Nigeria. I hail from Nnarambia- Ahiara in Ahiazu-Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State, Nigeria. I am the second child and only daughter among the 5 children born by my parents, Prof & Prof Mrs. Joseph E. Ahaneku. I am a Christian of Roman Catholic denomination.
I had my Primary education at Good Shepherd Nursery and Primary School, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria from 2005 to 2010. I later proceeded to Holy Rosary College (HRC), Uwani-Enugu in Enugu State, Nigeria from 2010 to 2016 for my secondary education. There I was the Deputy senior Prefect II from 2015 to 2016. Currently, I am currently a fourth year (clinical) medical student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi Campus, Anambra State, Nigeria and hope to graduate by 2022/ 2023 session.
I am an active member of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Medical Students’ Association and currently, Director of the standing committee on Health and Environment of the Federation of African Medical Students’ Association for the year 2020/ 2021. My hobbies include telling stories/, travelling. Watching Nigerian movies, watching people dance and sometimes cooking
The Chairman of SCOHE shall:
- Be responsible for the work which is carried out within FAMSA in the field of health and Environment.
- Advise the member associations on problems of health and environment.
- Maintain close liaison with other bodies conducting investigation of working in the field of health and environment.
- Be responsible for carrying out Drug Appeals to drug firms in various countries for FAMSA Health and Environment project.
- Be responsible for carrying out appeal for medical equipment to be used by member Associations that require them.
- Be responsible for contacting other international organizations in order to investigate the possibilities of obtaining active participation of medical students in the world health and environment problems.
- In the event of a national disaster resulting in a worldwide appeal for drugs and medical equipment, immediately contact the, President of FAMSA and, with his approval, circulate to all member associations information about the current commitments of SCOHE / and advise them as to which drug firms and other bodies in their countries might be approached to meet the appeal.
CALL FOR APPLICATION AS FAMSA-SCOHE OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Hello Medical Students in Africa,
Federation of African Medical Students’ Association (FAMSA) is an independent, non-political Federation of Medical Students’ Association in Africa, recognized by WHO and the AU as the official international forum of African Medical Students.
Standing Committee on Health Education and Environment (SCOHE) is a standing Committee of FAMSA which is responsible for the work which is carried out within FAMSA in the field of Health and Environment.
The Standing Committee on Health Education and Environment hereby calls for application to serve in any of these portfolios:
Criteria for all positions–
*Must be a medical student in any school in Africa
*Must be fluent in English or French
Must be willing to work
Media Unit (Publicity and Communications)
1.responsible for social media account
2. responsible for online campain activities
3. responsible to reach out to all medical schools in Africa and Non-governmental organisations
4. responsible for presenting the activities of FAMSA-SCOHE to the world.
1. responsible for monthly publications on Health and Environment.
2. give monthly online lectures
Programmes and Design Unit
1.shall plan activity guides, poster designs and serve as SCOHE local organising Committee.
Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
1.responsible for collating results of activities held by the Committee.
2. shall prepare quaterly reports of SCOHE activities and send to headquarters.
Assistant Organising Secretary
1. Shall assist the Organising Secretary in all thr activities of FAMSA-SCOHE.
1.shall be incharge of all FAMSA-SCOHE activities in their Country
2.shall coordinate activities of all the Local officers in their country
1.shall be the number 1 contact person for FAMSA-SCOHE in their Schools
2. shall organise rallies, online campaigns, outreaches.e.t.c with their Local team as directed by the headquarters
Any Medical Student interested in any of these positions should kindly apply via this google form:
Deadline : 15th April,2020
Organizing Secretary, FAMSA-SCOHE
For the Director