Chairperson: Muhammad Isa Jaafar
MSA AND COUNTRY: FUDUMSA, Nigeria
YEAR OF STUDY: 4th year
E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Muhammad Isa Jaafar, I am a 4th year medical student of Federal University Dutse. I am a Nigerian.
My passion in public health, environment and preventive medicine drove me to FAMSA SCOHE, and guess what? It’s my 3rd term here!I so much love Africa, and I adore the beauty in its diversity and the complexity in its cultures and beliefs. I believe there is no better way to take Africa out of its current weak health system than to work for Africa, by Africans and in African spirit.
An important life event that happened to me is a moment in my life when I thought ‘what if I die young, would I be happy?’. It was a tough question to answer, and since then it became my motivation to be of positive impact to my community and seek for my creator’s pleasure in every bit of my living.
Important achievements- well, I was on scholarship throughout my last 3 years in secondary school. I’ve led my team in a John Hopkins School of public health program called Innovate4health, my team was the only one from Nigeria and one of the only two in Africa in the 2021 cohort. I’ve initiated and managed a lot of student led public health projects (e.g Fight Hesitancy).
Well I count completing few books in a year, creating important networks and making a great tea for myself as achievements too. I’m an introvert 70%. I’m a book worm ( favorite genre is history, religion and personal development ). I’m a part-term entrepreneur and a scarce chef. I prefer podcasts to music and YouTube to Netflix. I love very dearly and selectively. And, well my friends tell me that I’m creative, authentic and sincere. I admire to become a great public health physician, one that Africa will be proud of. I look forward to a successful term, as I serve as the SCOHE chair 2023.
The Chairman of SCOHE shall:
- Be responsible for the work which is carried out within FAMSA in the field of health and Environment.
- Advise the member associations on problems of health and environment.
- Maintain close liaison with other bodies conducting investigation of working in the field of health and environment.
- Be responsible for carrying out Drug Appeals to drug firms in various countries for FAMSA Health and Environment project.
- Be responsible for carrying out appeal for medical equipment to be used by member Associations that require them.
- Be responsible for contacting other international organizations in order to investigate the possibilities of obtaining active participation of medical students in the world health and environment problems.
- In the event of a national disaster resulting in a worldwide appeal for drugs and medical equipment, immediately contact the, President of FAMSA and, with his approval, circulate to all member associations information about the current commitments of SCOHE / and advise them as to which drug firms and other bodies in their countries might be approached to meet the appeal.
FAMSA SCOHE KIDNEY DAY PROJECT 2022
Click here for report