FAMSA is an independent, non political federation of medical students associations in Africa.
Founded in 1968 as a Nigerian, Ghanian, Ugandian initiative to foster the spirit of friendship and cooperation among African Medical Students.
A project oriented medical students body.
To become a strong network of medical students aware of global health issues and responsive to current questions facing the medical profession and global health.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• To enhance and broaden the general and special education of member medical students in and about various parts of Africa as a special furtherance of the diligent efforts of the medical schools, and thus to contribute to the improvement of medical education in Africa.
• To project the image of the African Medical Students both on the continental and international scene.
• To establish contact with every Medical Students Association in African on purely professional matters.
• To promote exchange of by international correspondences. Publication of news of medical interest through journals and the organization of professional exchange of medical students between various countries.
• To generate initiative in population and Health surveys as well as in bio-medical research in African medical students and to collate and disseminate original findings on all matters pertaining to Health in Africa.
• To encourage and assist member associations in fulfilling the essence of this education, which is to contribute towards the improvement of the in health conditions in Africa by rendering help in all projects where medical projects students can be of assistance.